Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP)
The Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP) is one of Germany’s leading research institutes on European policies. IEP works at the interface of civil society, academia, politics, and administration. The tasks of IEP include the analysis of European policies and the development of policy options for ongoing integration. One major focus lies on development cooperation for EU approximation with countries of South Eastern and Eastern Europe in the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy. The assistance combines advisory services and tailor made training programmes, ensuring a comprehensive and sustainable transfer of expertise on EU accession and political transformation processes.
Polissya Foundation for International and Regional Studies
Polissya Foundation for International and Regional Studies is the only non-governmental analytical center in Chernihiv region. The Foundation was founded in 2004. Its aim is assistance in building a civic society through intellectual and information support of the processes of democratic changes and economic reforms in Ukraine. Basic activity directions of the organization:
- European integration of Ukraine.
- Energy security of Ukraine.
- Bilateral relations between Ukraine and the countries of Russia and Belarus.
- Cross-border cooperation.
- Political and party system in Ukraine.
- Local fiscal and budget policy.
- Housing and communal services.
- Interaction between public opinion, media and authorities.
- Economic development of Ukraine.
Polissya Foundation has implemented over 30 projects and conducted 60 studies using various research tools during its tenure: sociological surveys, expert interviews, focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc. The organization has extensive experience in conducting civic expertise, monitoring, writing policy analysis documents. Trainings in policy analysis, financial analysis, public expertise, sociological researches are developed by Polissya Foundation experts.
The organization has partnership relations with local authorities, as well as experience in working with the central government bodies. The Foundation collaborates with businesses and donors, attracts representatives from local universities and uses local budgets funds. The main donors that support Foundation’s activity are: European Union, International Renaissance Foundation, International Visegrad Fund, The East Europe Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland, National Endowment for Democracy, UNDP, World Bank, Batory Foundation, International Republican Institute, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and others.
Odessa Regional Agency for Reconstruction and Development
The Odessa Regional Agency for Reconstruction and Development (ORARD) is a non-governmental organization established on 6th of October, 2009 in Odessa.
ORARD’s general objective is to support the social and economic development of the Odessa region and to protect legal, social, economic, national, cultural and other common interest of the citizens of Odessa and the Odessa region. This task also includes spreading economic prosperity and opportunities for everyone in the Odessa region. ORARD uses a business approach and knowledge to address economic development and regional regeneration.
The regional role of the ORARD allows it to implement cost-effective and science-based programs and projects. All this stimulates the growth process and guarantees the international competitiveness of the regional economy.
The main activities of ORARD are:
– Development and implementation of projects and programs in order to bring the socio-economic conditions of the region closer to EU standards;
– Assisting stable regional development through the development and implementation of projects within the framework of worldwide financing instruments;
– Support and consultation of young civil society organizations of the Odessa region and Ukraine;
– Organization and hosting of conferences, congresses, symposiums, educational seminars and trainings within the ORARD framework.
– Promoting public awareness on European integration, interregional and cross-border cooperation, international technical assistance.
ORARD works closely with representatives of business, universities and other organizations in identifying and solving priorities of economic development of the region. This process integrates the experience of ORARD and the views of local communities, which guarantees that the Odessa region will use the greatest potential for economic growth.
ORARD’s activities focus on the development and implementation of a range of programs and projects within those priorities that contribute to the sustainable development of the region and the long-term improvement of the region’s economic performance.
Civil Network OPORA, Lviv
OPORA officially started in 2006 as a pure local NGO aiming to advocate for and promote urgent needs of local communities through development of local democracy instruments. Along with advocacy activity, OPORA team developed its analytical skills by holding local monitoring campaigns. OPORA’s efforts in monitoring of local authorities evolved into a national measuring of Publicity Index of local self-government.
Apart from implementing its own campaigns and researches, OPORA also shares its experience in watchdog with other NGOs and activists. Starting from 2008 Civil Network OPORA works for developing control function of civil society and building up the environment for watch-dog organizations in Ukraine. In particular, together with its Polish partner – Watchdog Polska from Warsaw – OPORA formed a team of professional trainers who represent different watchdog NGOs in Ukraine and can effectively share their knowledge and skills about public oversight with other NGO people and active citizens.
As a part of the all-Ukrainian network Lviv team of OPORA observes all kinds of elections. Results of election monitoring campaigns are actively used by Ukrainian and international communities, international missions, Embassies, mass media etc. Another field the organisation’s activities is monitoring implementation of educational policy in Ukraine. It has advocated for equal opportunities in admission procedures for Ukrainian universitites and combated corruption by promoting the transparency in the higher education system.
NGO “Public Chamber of Ukraine”
The Mission of the NGO is to promote the development of democracy and civil society, implementation of the principles of human rights, and promote freedoms without any discrimination in Ukraine.
The organization is a member of the National Committee of the “No Hate Speech Movement”, which is part of the European campaign bearing the same name. The Head of the NGO is a member of the Civil Society Platform created within the action plan for implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU. There, the organization is represented in the Working Group 2: “Freedom, Justice, Human Rights”.
Priority activities of the organization in the years 2017 – 2018 include:
– Promotion of the action plan from the Agenda of sustainable development for the period until 2030, including gender equality;
– Promotion of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union;
– Promotion of the National Strategy of development of education in Ukraine, the concept of humanitarian and social development, the concept of reform of local government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine, the UN Security Council Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace, Security”, the State social program “The Youth of Ukraine”, the National program of education of children and school youth in Ukraine.
– Promotion of participation and involvement of NGOs, activists and citizens in discussions about the EU,
– Monitoring and advocating the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU;
– Developing the institutional capacity of civil society institutions and influence of their activities on the changes in their communities;
– Development of civil, interactive and business competences of women and youth.
NGO “Public Chamber of Ukraine” was founded by constitutive Congress by the public of Ukraine in 26 of November, 2011. Certificate of registration is №3739 from 26.03.2012.
Odessa Regional Organization of All-Ukrainian NGO “Committee of Voters of Ukraine”
After four years of successful cooperation as a local partner in the Southern cluster, Odessa Regional Organization of All-Ukrainian NGO “Committee of Voters of Ukraine” became an affiliated partner in the CiSEP project in August 2019. The NGO was established in 1997 and registered as legal entity in 2004. During 2005-2016, organization implemented more than 80 local, regional and national level projects. Odesa CVU operates both at the regional level and at the national.
Our mission is to provide positive changes in Ukraine by promoting fair elections, democratization, Human Rights and raising capacity of civil society organizations.
Our organization is coordinator of national civic partnership “For Transparent Local Budgets”, member of Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union, member of Civic Initiatives Network, partner of Civil Network OPORA.
Odesa CVU has its own media – periodical newspaper “IzbirKom” (six issues per year), that is also presented via online-media (www.izbirkom.org.ua).
Our activities are focused on:
- Promotion of fair and transparent elections by implementing monitoring, providing analytics, carrying out informational and advocacy campaigns, raising capacities of key stakeholders. Our target group regarding such activities are voters, political actors, EMBs and media.
- Development of democratic institutions and practices by providing information and expertize for the stakeholders; advocating implementation the information openness, transparency and accountability principles and civic participation procedures for the local self-governance and regional governance; promoting corruption prevention practices and integrity values for governance and political parties; providing trainings activities for local elected representatives, political parties, officials, SCOs and civic activists. Our target groups are local self-governance and regional governance bodies, political parties, media and SCOs.
- Raising legal capacities of people and communities by providing assistance in Human Rights protection and prevention of violations, carrying out informational campaigns, providing of free legal aid to individuals, carrying out expertize and consultation for communities. Key targets group in this direction are citizens of Ukraine as well as refugees, stateless persons, governance and self-governance bodies, educational institutions.